Monday 26 September 2016

FreeBSD 11

Hi folks,

Real followers of FreeBSD know already that despite FreeBSD 11 is not yet officially released, it is somehow available already for the impatients ;-) Well, speaking on this, due to the difference of pace with OpenBSD, the impression is pretty different. Indeed, I contributed in quite small amount back then circa 2014/2015 especially when I was into HardenedBSD (which I wish very good luck, no doubt they are successful), the difference with the now previous branch is quite enormous as you can see. In my side, I already look forward FreeBSD 12 :-) ...

For OpenBSD, a lot of work are done to push clang in base, mainly modifying the codebase to make it compilable with both gcc and clang, that might be all ready for 6.1 ? We ll see ... Apart of this, I continue my usual work, I plan to update jack(audio) and openal although other OpenBSD folks are very busy right now that might not happen too soon ;-) Ah and a small bunch of fixes were pushed to the next release of xserver, which I honestly did not expect to happen :-)

Labels: , , , , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home